Complaints Procedure

We aim to provide a very high standard of service to every customer. If you are unhappy, for any reason, with the service we provide to you we would welcome your feedback and the opportunity to put things right. It is important to us that all complaints are resolved as quickly as possible and to the complete satisfaction of our customers.

This guide explains how we will deal with any complaints we receive. It also tells you what you can do if your complaint is not resolved to your satisfaction.

If you have a complaint

If you have a complaint about any aspect of our service then we would like to hear from you. You can contact us by telephone or in writing.

To help us to investigate and resolve your concerns as quickly as possible, you should in the first instance contact the department you have been dealing with. It will help us to deal with your complaint quickly if you can provide the following information:

  • Your full name and address and a daytime contact telephone number;
  • Full details of your complaint;
  • Your account details and any policy numbers;
  • Details of what you would like us to do to put things right;
  • Photocopies of any relevant paperwork.

We will try to resolve your complaint within three business days of receipt. If this is achieved we will write to you by email or letter as appropriate to confirm that your complaint has been resolved and to explain your next steps. If we are unable to resolve your complaint within this timescale we will acknowledge your complaint in writing within five working days and provide details of the person who will be dealing with your complaint.

We may ask you for further information to allow us to better understand your concerns. Once we have completed our investigation we will tell you our findings and, if appropriate, how we will put things right.

If we are unable to send a final response to your complaint within four weeks we will write to you or telephone you explaining why we have not yet resolved the complaint and indicating when we will contact you further. If your complaint is particularly complicated, we will keep you informed of the progress of our investigations.

All complaints can be sent to:

Freeman Jones
Think Park
Mosley Road
Trafford Park
M17 1FQ

If you are not satisfied with our final response

Regulatory bodies

Our Insolvency Practitioners (IPs) are personally licensed by the Insolvency Practitioners Association. The Insolvency Practitioners Association (IPA) can be contacted at Head of Regulation, Valiant House, 4-10 Heneage Lane, London EC3A 5DQ.

You can refer your complaint to the IPs authorising body at any time or if you remain unhappy following our response. You can do this by completing the online complaints form available at which can be sent by email or by post to the Complaints Gateway. Alternatively, you can call the Insolvency Service Enquiry Line on 0300 678 0015, who will take you through the questions on the form over the phone.

Customers in Northern Ireland can contact the appropriate regulatory body as follows.

Regulatory Body Address      Insolvency Practitioners Association
Head of Regulation
Valiant House
4-10 Heneage Lane


As a resident of Scotland, there are alternatives to get debt free